St John’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed and understand that early help is paramount in supporting families. We have a team of staff who are committed to offering early help in supporting families.
School based family workers
Safeguarding Lead and support
If you are concerned about a child or need some support please contact a member of staff.
TEL 01706 647195
Should you have any Safeguarding or Child Protection concerns,
Out of hours or during school holidays the following contacts should be used:
- Rochdale Safeguarding Children Unit
Open weekdays 0900 – 16.30
Tel: 0300 303 0350
- Multi Agency Screening Service (The MASS)
Open weekdays 08.45 – 16.45 Rochdale Police Station
Tel: 0033 303 0440 Fax: 0844 963 2483
- Out of hours, Emergency Duty Social Work Team
Open 16.45 – 08.00 weekdays, 24 hours during weekends and
Tel: 0033 303 8875
- Police, Public Protection and Investigation (PPIU)
This is a central switchboard for Greater Manchester Police.
Tel: 0161 856 8067
State you have a child protection concern about a child and where
the child lives.
The Police Public Protection and Investigation Unit (PPIU) can also
be contacted 08.30 – 17.00 on 0161 856 8067/4559/4558
- Education Safeguarding Officer
Tel: 01706 925384
- Education Welfare Officer
Tel: 01706 925115
- Local Authority Designated Officer (Allegations of Professional
Tel: 01706 927617
- Immediate risk to a child - 999